Hey, the holidays can be hectic. No matter how great you are at planning meals, organizing, and cooking, Thanksgiving may not always run smoothly. There are variables: unexpected guests, things taking longer to make than stated in the cookbook, and the lack of key ingredients you forgot to buy. (We’ve all been there.) That’s why we’re head over heels for these mini cheesecakes that are inspired by this recipe. It’s super easy, unbelievably delicious, and makes 24 adorable desserts in a grand total of 40 minutes.
What you need:
16 ounces of softened cream cheese
¼ cup of sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 teaspoons of vanilla
24 vanilla wafer cookies
1 can (21 ounces) of cherry pie filling
½ cup of almond slices
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- While it’s heating, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla together until it’s light and fluffy.
- Take a cupcake pan and line it with paper baking cups. In the bottom of each cup, place a vanilla wafer. (You may be scared that these will be crunchy and gross, but after baking, they evenly melt across the bottom, creating the world’s simplest crust.)
- Fill each cup about 2/3 of the way up with the cream cheese filling and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While they’re still warm, top them with a tablespoon of cherry filling and set them in the refrigerator to chill.
- Just before serving, garnish your little cheesecakes with almond slices and/or whipped cream
How easy was that?! Do you make any Thanksgiving desserts that are simple and quick?
About the Author:
"Katie Straw" is the writer at Cheesecake.com, which provides an epic cheesecake experience, and currently resides in Manchester, New Hampshire.