Key Lime Cheesecake Recipe
The key to perfecting this dessert is in the limes, of course! An irresistible combination of sweet, tangy goodness, this smooth cheesecake is infused with the unmistakable taste of sweet key limes.
3 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese (softened)
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup key lime juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon key lime zest
1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs (approximately 12 whole graham crackers)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium size bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. After it’s well mixed, press it into the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes and set aside.
3. For the filling, use an electric mixer to beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lime zest, and cornstarch until completely smooth. One at a time, add the eggs, blending just until smooth.
4. With the mixer on low speed, add the lime juice. Do not overbeat. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
5. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until set.
6. To minimize cracking, bake the cheesecake using a water bath. Wrap the cake pan in foil about halfway up the side of the pan, and set it in a larger pan containing hot water. (The level of water should not be higher than the foil wrapped around the springform pan.)
7. The cake will be done when it is still slightly moist in the center. Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake remain inside with the door slightly open.
8. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool for 3 hours. Tightly wrap it with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, up to 3 days.
9. Prior to serving, garnish the cheesecake with thin slices of lime and/or whipped cream.
From All of Us at the Bakery, Thank You for Visiting!