Lucky Mint Cheesecake
Green is the color for Saint Patrick's Day, and your family will feel very lucky to have this wonderful cheesecake as part of their holiday celebration! Everybody loves cheesecake, and even St. Patrick himself would approve this wonderful dessert!
- Ready-made Chocolate Crumb crust
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- Several drops green food coloring
Preheat oven to 350°. Melt the chocolate in 1/3 cup of the condensed milk (do NOT use evaporated milk instead) in a small saucepan. Stir in vanilla. Spread the filling on the pie crust.
Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until fluffy; gradually beat in the remaining condensed milk, mint extract and green food coloring. Add the egg, and beat on low speed just until blended.
Carefully pour mint mixture over chocolate layer in pie crust. You may want to put the pie on a baking sheet in the oven before doing this step, so that you don't have to move it.
Bake 25 minutes or until center is nearly set. Cool. Chill at least 3 hours.
Makes 8 servings.