Oh, hello paradise. Take guests and family to exotic places with this cool, refreshing pineapple dessert.
1 ½ cups crushed graham crackers
6 tablespoons butter (melted)
¼ cup sugar
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 lb. cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar
4 large eggs, beaten slightly
2 cups sour cream
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
3 tablespoons sugar
What You Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9-inch springform pan.
2. In a bowl, mix the graham crackers with the butter and sugar. Pour this into the pan and press onto the bottom and side, forming a crust. Set aside.
3. Drain the pineapple and save the juice.
4. Mix together the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, and eggs one at a time. When that’s smooth, add the crushed pineapple.
5. Pour this mixture into the crust and bake for 1 hour. (The center should still jiggle, as the cake will continue to bake as it cools.)
6. Carefully remove the cheesecake and increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees.
7. Mix together the sour cream, pineapple juice, and sugar. Gently spoon this onto the top of the cheesecake and smooth.
8. Place the cake back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
9. When it’s done, remove the cake from the oven and place on a rack to cool for 1 hour.
10. After it’s cooled, chill for at least 4 hours, and then serve.
From All of Us at the Bakery, Thank You for Visiting!