Tropical Cheesecake Recipe
We’re not knocking traditional flavors here, but sometimes, it’s nice to take a little vacation from them, which is why we are in love this exquisite dessert. It takes us to far off places with the exotic combination of creamy coconut and tangy ginger.
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
1 cup sour cream (optional)
½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
¼ cup finely diced candied ginger
1 cup crushed graham crackers
¼ cup butter melted
What You Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the crust. When they’re thoroughly mixed together, press them onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, forming a crust.
3. In bowl, beat the cream cheese at medium speed until it’s very smooth.
4. Add in the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla until well blended then add in the shredded coconut and coconut milk.
5. One at a time, add in the eggs, mixing on low speed after each.
6. Wrap the base of the springform pan with tin foil and place the cheesecake into a hot water bath, which will prevent it from cracking.
7. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the center is almost set. (It’s okay if the center still jiggles, as it will continue to cook as it cools.)
8. When the cake is finished, remove from the oven and place on a wire rack.
9. Loosen the cake from the rim of the springform pan with a knife and allow the cake to cool for 1-2 hours.
10. When it’s cool, remove the side of the springform pan and sprinkle the top of the cake with the ginger.
11. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
From All of Us at the Bakery, Thank You for Visiting!