I can’t even put into words how totally scrumptious these delicious pumpkin pie bites are. I recently made them for my guests at Thanksgiving, and let’s just say that most were gone before the Thanksgiving dinner even began! The filling is a hybrid of pumpkin pie (yum!) and pumpkin cheesecake (double yum!) that is packed into a freshly-baked pie crust, and it’s all topped with perfectly sweet and airy whipped cream. They’re just perfect for the holidays!
Adapted from Sugar Apron
- 2 pre-made, ready to roll pie crusts
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 egg for egg wash
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175°C).
- Grease & flour your 24-count mini muffin pie tin. Do not skimp or skip this step or your mini pies will not come out of the tin. Set aside when done.
- Roll out the pie dough on a floured surface.
- Using a 3-inch cookie cutter (I used an empty chicken broth can) cut out 12 rounds from each dough, for a total of 24.
- Carefully press each round into the mini-muffin pan. Take your time when doing this, and make sure that each round is pressed into the pan, and the top edges are round and even.
- Brush the egg wash onto the top rims of the crust.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and the sugar until smooth, and then add in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the pumpkin puree and beat to combine. Stir in the vanilla and the pumpkin pie spice.
- Spoon the mixture into each mini pie, to the top, but not over-flowing.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream, and a dusting of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
Pro Tip: Make your own whipped cream (it’s so easy!!) by whipping ½ c. heavy cream with a ½ tsp of vanilla and 2T of sugar. Combine all ingredients and whip with an electric mixer until you achieve your desired consistency.