On this somewhat dreary Wednesday, few things are more appealing than zucchini bread. Lucky for us, its National Zucchini Bread Day, and it seemed only natural that we celebrate accordingly! So we tried our hand at this classic recipe and made a grey, rainy afternoon into a bright baking session that promised a delicious snack.
Yield: 2 Loaves
1 cup vegetable oil
1¾ cups sugar
3 medium zucchinis (about 3 cups)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Liberally grease two 8X4-inch loaf pans. You can choose to flour yours too if theyre not non-stick.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in the oil, sugar, and then the zucchini and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients: flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, salt, walnuts.
5. Stir the dried ingredients into the egg mixture.
6. After completely mixed together, pour the mixture evenly into the two pans.
7. Bake for 40-50 minutes, depending on your oven. Insert a tester at the 40 minute mark. If it does not come out clean, bake for an additional 10 minutes. Repeat as necessary.
From all of us at the bakery, thank you for visiting!
About the Author:
Katie Straw is the writer at Cheesecake.com, which provides an epic cheesecake experience, and currently resides in Manchester, New Hampshire.