There’s something kind of magical about showing Mom how special she is. And so, for Mother’s Day this year, we created this dainty dessert. Don’t forget to order your Mother’s Day gifts in time for that special Sunday in May that is dedicated to Mom!
We took a simple recipe for cupcakes, topped them with an easy buttercream frosting, and made them beautiful with the simple addition of pansies. Loved for their bright colors, pansies offer a fresh, mild flavor and take these cupcakes from boring to brilliant.
1 ¼ cups bleached all-purpose flour
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 large eggs
¾ cup sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup canola oil
½ cup buttermilk
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs. Add in sugar, vanilla, and oil, continuing to mix.
4. Add in half of the flour mixture, then half of the butter milk. Stir until combined and then add in the remaining flour mixture and buttermilk.
5. The batter should be fairly runny. Pour it into a lined muffin pan, filling the cups about half way.
6. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Let them cool in the pan and then remove.
3 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tblsp whipping cream
Organic edible pansies
1. Mix together sugar and softened butter.
2. Add vanilla and ½ of the cream. Beat together until blended, then add the remaining cream.
3. After the cupcakes are cool, carefully remove the liners. Carefully and gently frost the sides and then frost the top to your liking.
4. Wash and gently dry the pansies and place one flower on top of each cupcake. Gently press each one into the frosting to secure it.
5. Garnish with pansy leaves, if desired.
From all of us at the bakery, thank you for visiting and Happy Mother’s Day!