Memorial Day festivities usually include barbecues, which means making food, which usually means putting together a dessert. And we know something about those. But being that it’s a long weekend, and a nice weekend at that, being stuck in the kitchen baking isn’t how we see it playing out. That’s why we decided that ridiculously easy mini pies are the way to go, because when it comes to dessert, it doesn’t get any more American than pie.
2 cans Blueberry Pie Filling
2 cans Cherry Pie Filling
2 Packages of Pie Crusts
1 Egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Optional: Fold aluminum foil or parchment paper into 2-inch wide strips that are about 8-inches long. Press these into the cups of the pan, which will allow you to pull the pies up easily.
3. Roll out the pie crust. Using a cup, like we did, or cookie cutter with a 4-inch diameter, cut circles for the pies. With the remaining dough, use a 1 ½-inch star cookie cutter to make stars for the tops.
4. Gently lay the circles down into the tin and press them in to form the small pies.
5. Spoon the pie filling into the crusts and top with as many stars as desired (we used up to 3).
6. In a bowl, whip the egg and brush it over the pie crusts.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and then use the tin foil to easily pull the pies out of the tin.
From all of us at the bakery, thank you for visiting and happy Memorial Day!
About the Author:
Katie Straw is the writer at Cheesecake.com, which provides an epic cheesecake experience, and currently resides in Manchester, New Hampshire.