While it’s pretty obvious we’re infatuated with creamy, dense cheesecake, we’ll admit that as soon as Easter rolls around, we get pretty excited for Carrot Cake.
¾ Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
½ Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 ½ Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
3 ¼ Cups (2 lbs) Grated Carrots
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
½ Cup Butter, Softened
8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
3 Cups Confectioners’ Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 335 degrees F, then grease and flour two 9-inch pans.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, white and brown sugar, and vanilla.
3. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in carrots and pour into prepared pans.
4. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let the pan cool for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
5. For the frosting, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and remaining vanilla in a medium bowl. Beat together until the mixture is smooth and then frost.
Happy Easter, everyone!