Parfaits are perfect for entertaining because they’re just as attractive as they are delicious. These strawberry cheesecake parfaits are a perfect way to use those in season strawberries! For this recipe, you’ll need four regular sized parfait glasses or eight smaller sized glasses.
Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
Adapted from Taste of Home
4 cups fresh, sliced strawberries
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 packages (6 ounces) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
½ cup heavy whipping cream
5 cups cake cubes of choice
Sliced, fresh strawberries for garnishing (optional)
Fresh mint springs for garnishing (optional)
Add the sliced strawberries and granulated sugar to a medium mixing bowl. Gently toss and set aside.
In another mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and 2/3 cup of the confectioners’ sugar. Beat on medium speed with an electric mixer until ingredients are well combined. Add the sour cream, ½ teaspoon of the vanilla extract, and the almond extract. Beat until mixture is smooth.
Add whipping cream to another mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until the cream begins to thicken. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of confectioners’ sugar and remaining ½ teaspoon of the vanilla extract. Beat until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture using a rubber spatula.
To make the parfait, start by adding slicked strawberries to the bottom of each parfait glass. Top with cake cubes and then a dollop of the cheesecake mixture. Repeat each layer once more if using a regular sized parfait glass. If using smaller parfait glasses, you’ll only use one layer of each ingredient. Garnish with sliced, fresh strawberries or a sprig of mint if desired.
When it comes to parfaits, there are no set rules so feel free to get creative! The recipe listed above can simply be used as a guideline. Here are some variations you can try.
• Chocolate Strawberry Parfaits. Use chocolate cake in the recipe listed above. In addition, add two tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder to the cream cheese mixture.
• Double Chocolate Parfaits. Use chocolate cake in the recipe listed above. Omit the fruit and substitute with 2 cups chocolate chips and 3 cups cubed brownies.
• Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits. Use cubed angel food cake or pound cake for the cake in the recipe given. Garnish each parfait with a dollop of whipped cream.
• Lemon-Blueberry Cheesecake Parfaits. In the recipe given, use lemon cake for the cake and substitute blueberries for the strawberries.
• Cheesecake Brownie Parfaits. Use brownies for the cake in the recipe listed above. Omit the fruit and use crumbled chocolate cookies instead to give the parfait a little crunch!